English Text is further down.
A lot of people are championing sodium bicarbonate (aka baking soda) as a treatment. They believe the culprit behind gut problems is Candida, based on the long time trend of candida diagnoses. They figure that sodium bicarbonate, which is heavily alkaline, will somehow stop candida… which they believe thrives in an acidic environment.
Nearly every link in this chain of reasoning is wrong. The one exception is that, yes, many bugs do like an acidic environment. However, candida is very seldom the cause of gut health issues. When your gut is dysfunctional as a result of heavy metals, you can develop infections from a number of sources, including candida. But candida is merely a side effect; and typically not a serious one.
In fact the worst effects that are likely to result from a high level of candida are irritated portions of your intestinel and/or colon linings forming calluses, which mildly hinder food absorption. In almost all cases, that’s as bad as candida gets.
Sodium bicarbonate is ineffective against candida anyway. More broadly, sodium bicarbonate does nothing to help your gut. On the contrary, it’s abrasive and will only create and imbalance. If you take a large dosage of sodium bicarbonate, any combination of the following is likely to happen:
- gastric spasms:i.e a twisting and tightening of your intestinel tract and colon.
- A homeostasiss crisis for your body, which must strain mightily to reestablish balance after so much alkaline is abruptly dumped into it.
- A toxic crisis for your body, because while sodium bicarbonate is perfectly safe in small amounts, past a certain level it becomes an irritant to your stomach and intestinel tract. In some cases this causes diarrhea, vomiting, severe bloating, and / or other discomfort.
- A worsening of bacterial and fungal infections, because sodium bicarbonate disrupts your gut’s good bacteria, and so weakens your immune system.
- A worsening of your digestive issues, because sodium bicarbonate damages your hydrochloric acid and thus contributes to leaky gut syndrome. It also interferes with the absorption of food in your intestines.
There are many negatives to sodium bicarbonate as a remedy, a lot of people struggle after using it. 愿天下人平安、健康、喜乐。